Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Its Sunday October 7th

This was a much better day. Today we locked throught Pickwick Lock into Pickwick lake this was the first time I had ever been inside the lock. I was fascinated, we were raised from Tenessee River about 55 feet onto Pickwick Lake. The gates opened and we were off I should have gotten more pictures.
Can you see how bundled up I am in my turtle neck, sweatshirt, raincoat sunglasses and earphones so I can hear Bill if he talks.....No! not beauty queen stuff but it works. It was a short travel to the Aqua Yacht Marina on Pickwick lake.
At Aqua Harbor we met up with "Elegant Lady" Bob and Sally whom we met back at Clifton Marina and visited them on their boat. Bob had a lot of advice about boating that he shared with Bill and I. Here is a Picture of "Elegant Lady" leaving out on the morning of the Oct. 8th 2012
Its foggy and cool here on the Lake in Mississippi. The shore line is simply beautiful there are very large homes sitting atop the hills above the lake. I'm not sure how long we will be here. Happy and Healthy sailing, JOY

1 comment: